Explore present-day applications
Interior Council Exercise (The Courage to Lead)
In the 1960s a number of talks were given about how every twenty years one experiences a whole new life. At the time the emphasis was on four life phases, up to age 80. Since then, additional conversations have described dynamics of Phase V, ages 80-100.
- Stanfield, Jeanette, Just Checkin’ On Ya: My journey of being a caregiver for a loved one (October, 2009)
- Oakley, Robins and Stanfield families, New Images for the Senior, an article written from their research about understanding old age. All except Jeanette were in their 80s when they wrote this. (2009)
- Wilson, Priscilla, How to Age Gracefully. Priscilla developed the procedures for this course and facilitated it in her church. (2008)
- “Phase IV: An Elders Reflection on the Stream of Life”, Nairobi, May 1993
- The Seasons of Life – A chart of one’s life in five twenty-year phases. Source unknown.
- Four Life Phases – A chart of the first eighty years of ones life in twenty-year phases. November 28, 1971.
Explore historical applications