Global Research Assembly
• Participants created the form, frame, tactics, and logistics of the Guild.
• The Uptown Lab did research in the Chicago Uptown neighborhood and launched the Uptown Project. A corner “postage stamp” park—with a billboard that read “Uptown is a Great Place to Be Alive”—was created at the corner of Sheridan and Lawrence.
• The LENS course was refined.
• Continued research was done on corporate religious methods. Created the Sanctification Course.
• Corporate study of Dark Night of the Soul by St. John of the Cross.
• Sang secular “songs of resurgence.”
• Spirit Methods PSU created The Spirit Methods Manual.
• The Cabaret was the major celebration and the assembly produced “Desert Song” with participant talent and three days of preparation.
Created the Priorship Training School, which was held in each Religious House during the next year. “The New Sophistication” was an accompanying sub-theme (Stanfield, 1993).
Rite of Passage (1973)—6th grade trip to Northern Wisconsin