The New Paradigm Safari, Chicago
Over 800 order members and associates met for six weeks in Chicago to determine the “corporate future, formation, direction and goals for the next 16 years [to the year 2000].” Sixty people came from Kenya and over 100 people came from the Subcontinent. Many of these participants had never traveled far from their own villages. Orientation sessions had been held in Nairobi and Delhi. There were special menus and special language groups to help with translation into Hindi, Spanish, Swahili, and French.
• Thirty-five smaller groups of 20 people each, called “Holons,” spent two hours each morning experimenting with meditation exercises.
• The Global Brain, a film and book by Peter Russell provided imagery for the Council.
• 24 Primary Units were established globally.
• Research, Training, Development and Management teams were established.
• Thirteen students made the 6th Grade Rite of Passage trip to mark their transition from childhood to youth. The trip took them through 17 states, including the southeastern USA.
• Ninth graders who had been living in the US, Kenya, Peru, Egypt, Belgium, Tonga and Australia had a reunion.